Banner Image

Updates

We are currently covering a timeline of October 1st - December 20th. We do not add years so that the characters can remain the same age for as long as the players want.

Welcome to X-Men After the Chaos!

We are an AU Movie game set 7 years after X 3 where only X-Men 1, 2, and loosely 3 are canon.

It has been seven years since the humans tried to cure the mutant gene like it was a virus. The mutants survived and so has the world. Life has gone on. Relationships forged, enemies became allies, and new heroes were created. Still there has never really been any peace and there is always fear and Chaos. Mutants tossed away by society are disappearing all of the US, entire colonies gone over night without a trace. Is this just the beginning of the act the Government is trying to pass against the mutants or is something else going on?

Closed
New Poll

Another Mister Barton, open
Charles Barton
Jul 10 2017, 03:40 AM
played by who is
   0 posts            Unregistered     
   years old            
SHIELD/AVENGERS HQ
LATE EVENING

user posted image
It had been a year since the death of his brother at the hands of his former masters, Hydra. Deep within the infrastructure of SHIELD and the Avengers was not where he expected to be even now after growing somewhat accustomed to it let alone as one of the Avengers, a traitor to Hydra and all it stood for once they had crossed the line and executed his brother who was once called Hawkeye. When they crossed paths much later in life as enemies it had already been a long time since they saw eye to eye or really spoke but the fact was Clint was family, his brother and when Hydra had him murdered it changed something in Trickshot he never expected and led him to the doorstep of his enemy with an offer to help them take down Hydra or at least cripple them in any way he could assist with.

A year later and Trickshot was no more having taken up the alias of Hawkeye and taken his old spot in SHIELD and with the Avengers. It felt strange to work with these people and Charles found it hard to relax even today after so long. Most of the time he found himself as he was now, in the training center honing his skills with the bow as to not loose his edge and prowess in battle. With every shot, another arrow sank into its mark as several dozen floating spheres flew about the room to challenge him. The orbs posed another problem despite their speed in that they would deliver painful shocks to up the ante if they got too close forcing Barton to constantly keep moving, tumbling, and evading their tasers as he let his arrows fly from his bow.

Jul 10 2017, 03:01 PM
   18 posts      X-Men      Peon      Geo-Thermokinesis
   22 years old       Magma       Doutzen Kroes
Amara smiled as she looked down at the man who's arrows seemed to know exactly where they were going as one after another knocked down the orbs that were floating around the room trying to hit him with one shock after another. She may have been one of the newer recruits to the Avengers but the scenario wasn't an unfamiliar one. Having grown been trained at Xavier's, she was more than a little familiar with the kind of training Barton was doing. The training sequence had been chosen to test his own unique abilities and as she looked down at the control board in front of her she made sure that everything was running as it should.

Training with somebody else wasn't necessarily required but it was always a smart move to have somebody in the control room so they could hit the kill switch if things started going south for the person training. If things got too difficult or the person training looked to be in trouble then the person in the control room made the call to either kill the training session altogether or to just bring it down a few notches until the person training was able to get back on their feet so to speak.

Amara would be lying if she were to say that she didn't enjoy watching Trickshot train. The man moved with a grace that would make any ballerina jealous and as he knocked the last of the orbs out of the air and the training simulation came to a close, she smiled. Turning on the microphone so that she could be heard in the room below, Amara clapped before saying: "Nice job Barton. Did you want to go another round or are you done for the day?"

Charles Barton
Jul 11 2017, 02:50 AM
played by who is
   years old            

As the program ended Barton relaxed his stance and lowered his bow knowing that he no longer had to be on guard. The overhead intercom from the control room came on and the woman inside inquired about whether or not he wanted any more training time in here that evening. the archer turned and looked up at the control room to Amara where she stood watching over him as he went through his practice regimen and raised a hand to acknowledge her presence.

"That's it for today, I'm almost out of arrows anyways." Charles told her with a small but present smile as he went over to the wall and placed the bow and quiver with the other present training weapons there and went to rub his shoulder where a muscle was growing sore due to so much use of the bow over the last couple of days but such things kept him sane in a place like this where there could be long idle periods between missions.

Amara Aquilla
""
Jul 14 2017, 04:26 PM
Amara smiled as she shut down the system then made her way out of the control room. Charles had been in the room controlling her training session before he'd started his so she knew that there was no reason to leave the system running. With both of their training sessions out of the way, it was up to them to decide what they wanted to do with the rest of each of their day. Amara was debating going out for a massage since she normally went at least after hard training sessions, but at the same time she was feeling lazy and didn't want to drive anywhere.

Reaching the door to the training room, Amara stood across from it and leaned against the wall as she waited for Charles to come out so they could head toward the living area of headquarters together.

Charles Barton
Jul 18 2017, 05:28 AM
played by who is
   years old            

The door to the training area slid open and he saw her standing there and so he gave something of a nod to acknowledge the woman as she watched him. He knew she was a mutant who they had recruited but there were so many people involved in this organization that he couldn't say he knew everything about her as he didn't recall getting a Hydra file on her when he was still with them. Grabbing his water he squeezed the sports bottle to dump the cool contents into his mouth then allowed himself a cool off and poured some over his face and hair. Grabbing his bag he approached the blonde standing at the door.

"How did I do?" Barton asked allowing himself to indulge in some idle shit chat as to try and not make this awkward as he was not the biggest when it came to social norms although as a trained agent once with Hydra he had done his fair share of engaging people and acting like he could fit in as well as talking to women in scenarios where he had to gain their trust to finish a mission.

Amara Aquilla
""
Jul 24 2017, 01:27 PM
Amara remained against the wall as she watched Charles down some of his water before pouring the rest over his face and hair. Although outwardly she showed no change in expression, inwardly she was laughing. All he needed was to shake his head out with the water going everywhere and he'd look like your stereotypical male model coming out of the water in a pool or the beach. Of course Amara knew better then to laugh at a man like Charles Barton but she couldn't help the image that had taken root in her mind when he'd done that.

Moving away from the wall to stand straight up when he asked how he'd done, Amara nodded as she began to remember the training session he'd been going through only minutes earlier. Overall he'd done fabulously but since the point of these training sessions were to pick out their weak spots she had noticed one. "You're waiting too long to check your seven and eight o'clock. The spheres in that area got the closest to you. Either shift your position more often or remember to keep looking over at that left shoulder. You got those spheres as well it's just that none of the spheres at any other position were able to get as close. Other than that you did great."

This post has been edited by Amara Aquilla: Jul 24 2017, 01:27 PM
Charles Barton
Jul 25 2017, 04:00 AM
played by who is
   years old            

In many ways, HYDRA and SHIELD were almost the same entity and he had forgotten that in the many ways that they were different. Sometimes SHIELD agents could be just as blunt but thankfully he had a thick skin and that was both figurative and literal thanks to Hydra who could be much worse than her in being a critic of his skill. As she went over his performance he glanced over at her then raised a brow until she had finished then a small chuckle left his lips as he smirked and nodded his head as he dabbed a towel against his head and face lightly. Some of what she said had merit but his skills were also somewhat unconventional and often didn't line up with what SHIELD taught in their regimen when it came to accuracy with a medium to long ranged weapon.

"I'll try and remember that although the skill with the bow is also about a sense of intuition and prediction as much as it is aim and lines of sight." Barton explained calmly, he knew many never understood the archer and the near extra preceptory sense they developed from years of intense training and that it was also bred with a natural talent and a superb sense of perception. "I'll try and check my left though more often if it makes you happy Agent Aquila." He said in a serious tone but it was difficult to mask the amusement present in his eyes. She didn't have to be here as he often practiced late so part of him wondered what she was doing here when she could be doing other things. "It's a Saturday night, no other plans other than to critique the new guy?" He asked with a barely present smirk.

Amara Aquilla
""
Oct 11 2017, 12:30 AM
"It's got nothing to do with making me happy. I'm just letting you know where the orbs got the closest to you. Do with the information what you please." Amara said with a shrug of her shoulders. She could never understand how somebody could ask somebody else their opinion and then when that person gave it they acted like they would make changes to suit the needs of the other person. If you didn't want somebody else's opinion then why ask for it?

Shaking her head when he asked if she had nothing better to do then critique the new guy, Amara said: "I generally train on Saturday's. Have since I was younger since Saturday's are the days training room are generally empty of other people. As for critiquing the new guy, I haven't been here much longer than you and I only critiqued your performance because you asked me how you did. If you prefer then next time I can just say you did fine when you ask me how you did."

OOC: Sorry for the late response. I completely forgot about this thread. Next time just slap me if I take longer then a couple weeks lol.

Charles Barton
Oct 31 2017, 06:00 AM
played by who is
   years old            

Barton's face was deadly serious as he stared at the woman but then a slight smirk appeared as she defended her opinion and her reasons for giving it. To be honest he was not overly concerned with what others thought but he humored these people because he was not exactly always one of them. "My attempt at some light ribbing and comradery seems to need more work than my archery it seems." He responded, he was not entirely that great at being social and joking around with the others here and for the most part he was something of a lone wolf when his skills were not immediately required. Charles expected that much of the venomous tongue that he acquired when he worked with Hydra was still lurking about him as even when he tried to fit in he only came off looking like the bad guy.

Perhaps it would take more time before they would be able to read him and maybe he needed to make more of an attempt to open up to them. "I would prefer honesty in all things although I suspect I am not used to hearing it as of yet." His eyes casually but subtly assessed her at that moment as he knew she was a mutant and what she was capable of. Barton was aware those with great powers still trained like mortals but always thought they did it somewhere less fragile. "You came to train? What is on the agenda today?"

Amara Aquilla
""
Nov 13 2017, 02:28 PM
"Sorry. It could very well just be me as well. Training is probably the one thing in my life that I take seriously and I overdo it at times." Amara admitted with a small smile and a shrug of her shoulders. She had been accused more than once of taking things too seriously when she trained but her view on training was that it should be taken seriously. If you didn't take it seriously then when you really needed it you wouldn't be properly prepared for what you needed to do.

I finished most of my training before you got here. I was going to do some light cardio in the gym before I left but nothing major. What about you? more training or are you done for the day?" Amara asked curiously.

Charles Barton
Nov 20 2017, 04:51 AM
played by who is
   years old            

Barton shook his head, silently indicating that she need not worry. "No one picks up on my sense of humor. Hydra did not really encourage it." He was out of practice so often people took him seriously all the time because he was still breaking out of old habits that Hydra had programmed into him and usually joking around was enough to get someone irritated enough at Hydra to do something about it. Being without powers he usually had to train quite often and not just with his bow either so when she mentioned that she was going to engage in some cardiovascular training he wondered if he should maybe push the envelope and do the same before he started getting soft. When he saw these young agents he could not help but feel older than he was as they had all the health and vigor in the world and he had to push himself to keep himself where they were.

"Seems like a good idea, I might join you before I hit the showers." Barton suggested, moving around was part of his combat technique as he often had to stay moving so he wouldn't be struck in battle as he was just a frail mortal man and bullets did not bounce off him and he couldn't run at superhuman speed to avoid them either. "That is if you don't mind a fitness partner?" He asked, just in case she wanted to work out alone.

Amara Aquilla
""
Dec 8 2017, 08:16 PM
"I don't mind a partner. It's always nice to have somebody around while I do cardio. Usually I just listen to music but I like having somebody to talk to too." Amara responded as she looked from Charles to the direction of the gym. Generally she did end up training by herself because of the times she liked to train but if Charles was willing to train with her then who was she to say no. As she motioned down the hallway, she smiled as she said: "After you." As Amara began to walk down the hallway she asked: "Do you have any preference as far as cardio workouts go?"

Charles Barton
Dec 11 2017, 05:32 AM
played by who is
   years old            

"I'll do my best to keep up my half of the conversation then." Barton mused with a smirk as he nodded to her and they began to head to where they could continue their work out in a much different way rather than combat training being the main focus. He was never one that was big on talking but he suspected that was mainly because Hydra did not encourage social behavior amongst its ranks. Continuing on with her he did not have to think very hard about her next question as he usually stuck to the basics in regards to building stamina so he could go the distance in a fight.

"Usually I just run until I can't anymore, moving around is kind of the main focus in combat." Barton said to Amara as he glanced over at her for a moment. "I'm a simple man that way but it works. What's your poison?"

Amara Aquilla
""
Dec 20 2017, 12:32 PM
]
"Usually it depends on my mood. Sometimes I run, other times I ride a bike. If you prefer running though then lets do some running. I'm all for that." Amara said as they made their way down the hall toward the gym where the various pieces of workout equipment were located. Smiling as she stepped into the room, Amara motioned toward the two treadmills and asked: "Do you have a preference for which machine you used? I know some people say one works better than the other but I've never really noticed a difference."

Feb 4 2018, 03:50 PM
   582 posts      Admin      Site Owner     
   34 years old       N/A       N/A
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Push Sidebar by Merc   Message Popup by Black  Styled Tooltips by Malihu
All other content to its author.