Banner Image

Updates

We are currently covering a timeline of October 1st - December 20th. We do not add years so that the characters can remain the same age for as long as the players want.

Welcome to X-Men After the Chaos!

We are an AU Movie game set 7 years after X 3 where only X-Men 1, 2, and loosely 3 are canon.

It has been seven years since the humans tried to cure the mutant gene like it was a virus. The mutants survived and so has the world. Life has gone on. Relationships forged, enemies became allies, and new heroes were created. Still there has never really been any peace and there is always fear and Chaos. Mutants tossed away by society are disappearing all of the US, entire colonies gone over night without a trace. Is this just the beginning of the act the Government is trying to pass against the mutants or is something else going on?

Add Reply
New Poll

A day in the life, OPEN TAG
Feb 3 2018, 08:38 PM
   4 posts      Hellfire      Peon      telepath/organic diamond
   40 years old       Frost       Charlize Theron
Emma - in Central Park - OPEN / attn: Thomas Shepherd

Emma Frost walked from the fancy penthouse she stayed in while in New York, out to the street. The throngs of people in this city used to preclude her from being able to walk about. Even as well-controlled a telepath as she was, when you had this many people shouting their thoughts up into the ether at the same time, it was a challenge to keep yourself from insanity and a splitting headache. However, she had become attuned and had overcome those obstacles. She didn't dare force herself into this sea of humanity for long periods of time. But she definitely saw it as a challenge that built up her tolerance each and every time she did this.

Waiting for traffic, she walked her way across the street once the lights changed and then moved onward toward the main park. She found her favorite coffee cart and was waiting on John to prepare her cappuccino when she caught flashes of someone much more special than the average person in this park. Her bright blue eyes scanned the crowd.

"That'll be $4 Miss Frost," John said as he held the cup toward her and his palm open.

"Of course, dear," she handed him the normal $5 bill and nodded before turning to leave.

"Thank you, ma'am."

Her ears heard it, but her mind was focused on the odd thought flashes she was getting from... someone... watching... waiting... another predator? Interesting.

The dealer nearly fell over from a sudden gust of wind, a most ungentlemanly curse slipping from his lips. His client reached out to steady him, only to get slapped away with a "Don't touch me, man!"

Tommy casually walked away, rubbing his forehead. There was a dull throbbing building behind his eyes, almost as though he'd played too much Xbox sitting too close to the machine. He didn't count the cash yet, but it felt like enough to pay for his hotel room for a week or so, as well as eat.

If not... well, there were always more dealers.

Emma smirked from the sidewalk across the quad of green from the mutant boy. Wouldn't he be useful? A bit on the young side, true. But moldable. When she heard his thoughts, they were fragmented from the way he thought. But she could get the gist of it. He was stealing for a living. She could offer him room and board so that he didn't have to worry about that and could focus on things much more impo...

The sound of Emma's phone drew her attention. She had to change cup hands and then get her phone from her pocket. She was waiting on too many important calls to not answer. When she looked back up, she had lost track of the boy. An irritated glare crossed her features, but c'est la vie. She might cross his path again. She knew his thought patterns, after all. If she cared to actually put her mind to it, she'd be able to find him.

Right now, back to business. "This is Miss Frost. To whom am I speaking?" she asked while making her way back through the park.

Feb 13 2018, 11:51 AM
   6 posts      X-Student      Peon      Superspeed
   18 years old       Speed       Niklas Gillis
Back to the park.

Having just fled from a stranger who was actually a very nice fellow who likely only wanted good things for him, Thomas Shepherd found himself back in Central Park. He liked the park. It was a huge, sprawling expanse that was filled with good places to lose oneself. Sure there were people everywhere, talking on their phones, taking pictures, texting, watching their kids, or whatever. But those people were all caught up in their own lives, their own dramas. No one paid too much attention to anyone else, and that was what made the park perfect. A mutant could come here and so long as they passed, no one would ever look twice.

He finished off the remains of his pizza. Tommy ate way too much food, but he needed it. He figured it had to do with the superspeed, like he needed the extra calories to fuel it. He just knew he got hungry a lot, so listened to his body. If he was hungry, he ate, thirsty, he drank, tired, he rested. It wasn't rocket science and it served him well enough.

He should have stayed at Pizza Pete's. Had a conversation with the stick guy. He'd been a little odd, but seemed nice. He could have talked to the guy, chatted or some shit. Thomas sighed and ran hands back through his hair and popped his neck. Just the thought of having a conversation gave him anxiety, which was ridiculous. It's not like every rando on the street was a predator or part of some government agency tasked to round up mutant runaways and thieves.

With a sigh, Tommy had a seat in the Central Park Ladies' Pavilion and looked out over the water. How long could he live like this? It'd been years since he ran away from home. He was a legal adult now, but had no ID, no high school diploma, no marketable job skills, and was afraid that if he did try to get his ID or enter the work force or try to rent an apartment or anything legitimate, he'd be arrested or worse.

Maybe he should reach out to his mom and dad. Test the waters. Maybe they'd mellowed since he ran away. Tommy rubbed at his temples, eyes closing as a dull throb settled into his brain. A headache caused by stress, anxiety, and superspeed. It wasn't that bad of a headache, judging by his personal scale, but it was a gentle reminder of how nothing in life comes without a price.

Tags: Emma Frost

This post has been edited by Thomas Shepherd: Feb 13 2018, 01:46 PM
Feb 13 2018, 03:30 PM
With a sigh, Tommy had a seat in the Central Park Ladies' Pavilion and looked out over the water. How long could he live like this? It'd been years since he ran away from home. He was a legal adult now, but had no ID, no high school diploma, no marketable job skills, and was afraid that if he did try to get his ID or enter the work force or try to rent an apartment or anything legitimate, he'd be arrested or worse.

Maybe he should reach out to his mom and dad. Test the waters. Maybe they'd mellowed since he ran away. Tommy rubbed at his temples, eyes closing as a dull throb settled into his brain. A headache caused by stress, anxiety, and superspeed. It wasn't that bad of a headache, judging by his personal scale, but it was a gentle reminder of how nothing in life comes without a price.

By the time Emma got off the phone, she turned back to the main area of the park to just barely scan. She felt like she'd been interrupted by business, which was unusual for her. When something unusual happened for Emma Frost - she took notice.

Ahhh... he'd already moved again. He had to be a speedster. It explained a lot. There was no specific scientific terminology for what a speedster could do, but there was plenty to throw around that came from being one: enhanced musculature, reflexes, durability and stamina - lessening of lactic degeneration - accelerated metabolism and perception. The last two were very important. Why? Because if Emma went with both her intuition and pragmatism on this situation, she would need to overcome this young man's accelerated perception (and the usual paranoia that accompanied being what was essentially a large sentient squirrel on an energy drink high) to appeal to his need to control that accelerated metabolism.

Emma mapped where he was and decided an approach from the side would be best. She would be nonchalant and then sit near him. Yes.

Sitting a foot away from the person she had decided was the speedster, just from the way his mind was tossing thought after thought and was... in pain... she had deduced it to be him, she took the chance to start up the conversation.

"You know, I might be able to help you." She took a sip of her coffee before actually looking at him. "With the pain and also with the problems causing your pain."

tag to Thomas Shepherd

Feb 13 2018, 05:07 PM
   6 posts      X-Student      Peon      Superspeed
   18 years old       Speed       Niklas Gillis
Tommy didn't really pay much attention as a woman sat nearby. He was seated in a public pavilion next to a scenic lake, and New York had nothing if not people. Lots of people.

Not to say he didn't notice her at all. Tall, blonde, attractive, mature, dressed in a manner that spoke of wealth. If he were paying more mind, he might have noticed she was dressed in white and people in white didn't sit on public park seats. In the best of situations you can still pick up some dirt doing that. But he wasn't paying that sort of attention. He could blame the headache for the relative inattention, but really, he was just preoccupied.

Still, when she started speaking, he could help but take notice.

"You know, I might be able to help you."

He glanced at her, noticing her fully. She was taking a sip of her coffee and not looking at him. Probably speaking into a Bluetooth. Those things were annoying. Was someone crazy, or just talking on their phone without having their phone out? The way she was dressed, probably the phone. Crazy people weren't as well put together and let's be fair, her grooming game was on point. Her eyebrows were works of art.

Wait...

Eyebrows. Both eyebrows. overtop eyes. Eyes that had turned and were looking directly at him. Maybe even through him. It was a little disconcerting just how piercing the blonde woman's eyes were.

"With the pain and also with the problems causing your pain."

Wait, what? He blinked, looked around the pavilion, then back at the woman. He pointed to his chest for a moment, as if it weren't obvious who she was speaking with. No bluetooth in her ear.

Tommy gave a little, nervous laugh. "Yeah, no thanks. I might not be the smartest guy on the block, but even I know better than to accept pills from strange ladies in the park. I like my kidneys right where they are, thanks."

Tag to Emma Frost

This post has been edited by Thomas Shepherd: Feb 13 2018, 05:07 PM
Yesterday at 01:26 am
"With the pain and also with the problems causing your pain."

Wait, what? He blinked, looked around the pavilion, then back at the woman. He pointed to his chest for a moment, as if it weren't obvious who she was speaking with. No bluetooth in her ear.

"Yes, I'm talking to you." She gave a closed mouth smile and then took another sip of her coffee.

Tommy gave a little, nervous laugh. "Yeah, no thanks. I might not be the smartest guy on the block, but even I know better than to accept pills from strange ladies in the park. I like my kidneys right where they are, thanks."

"I don't offer people pills or drugs of any kind, unless you need some ibuprofen, which, I have some in my keychain. But what I can do is ease the after shock your brain is going through when your neurons are firing too fast." She took another drink.

?

"Your body is made to physically deal with the rigors of your super speed. But your brain hasn't quite caught up, yet is all. Once you get to say, age 25 or so, things will stabilize. At least that's what I've seen happen to speedsters that I know." The coffee was placed on the bench away from the boy and she turned slightly toward him. "I'm Emma and I'm also different than most of the people in this park. And you are?"

tag Thomas Shepherd
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Push Sidebar by Merc   Message Popup by Black  Styled Tooltips by Malihu
All other content to its author.